Performs one or more repetitive and rotating jobs on assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble wall and or truss components. Involves such processes as inserting materials, clamping, fitting parts together and connecting parts using a combination of hand tools, air-powered tools and automated equipment.
10 hour days 4 days a week, overtime as necessary on Fridays.
1st Shift – 5:30am to 4:00pm
2nd Shift – 4:00pm to 2:30am
Position Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles building parts on a production table or automated line for Truss & Walls
- Processes includes insertion or positioning of materials by nailing, screwing, cutting components and metal plates to size using a combination of hand tools, air powered and automated equipment
- Measures product or length of boards by marks on sorting table or with measuring tape
- Ensures assembled components meet established quality standards
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process
- Lift and handle dimensional lumber of varying sizes and lengths
- Load/stacks finished materials on carts/pallets
- Understands and observes all safety procedures & practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned
BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION STARTING FROM DATE OF HIRE